oh facebook.

Lately I have felt as though Facebook and I have a love-hate relationship. There are obviously positives such as connecting with the other puppy raisers of Fitz's litter, connecting with family members and family friends and "keeping up" with the life of those I have known in the past over my various moves and life stages.

Although for every positive I feel as though there are quite a few negatives. I will just come out and admit this: I have no self control in regards to time spent on Facebook. I'm not sure exactly the reason why it is so hard for me to limit the time I waste on there, but I have certainly not succeeded in the past. In my free time (actually more like when I should be doing something else) I will scroll down through my wall for just a few minutes. Then I realized exactly what I tell my students every day: If you log out early all those valuable minutes add up and can become credits earned. This is exactly how it is with Facebook. When I do not have Facebook and thus cannot spend time on it, I get other stuff done, I read books, I workout, I actually listen and respond when my husband is having deep conversations with me.

So yes, I deactivated my Facebook but in all honesty I wish I could actually delete it. Thanks Facebook for making it always one "Login" away from returning to my addiction.

Proverbs 26:11 "As a dog returns to its vomit, so a fool repeats his foolishness."

But perhaps maybe the fact I could login can be a tool to teach me self control and to be disciplined in my actions.

Even as I look at pictures I've taken I desire the affirmation and attention that it would garner me. "Look who "Liked" it? A comment, yay!" In the end I took the picture to remember out trip to Kentucky during out first 2 years of marriage and I think that is a good enough reason.

Comments

Popular Posts