a bracelet.

“Let your speech always be with grace, seasoned, as it were, with salt, so that you will know how you should respond to each person.” (Colossians 4:6)

I am taking a class this semester call Senior Experience and it is taught by a fantastic professor at Bethel who has so much wisdom. I have learned so much about myself since I began the semester. Last night at our weekly meeting we talked about viral conversations. We discussed the idea that with every word I either have a positive or a negative effect on someone. During a one hour class I realized so much about myself and how I can make myself into a better person. I need to monitor my words so much more closely because there is a reason why God talks about our mouths so much. So often I say words that discourage instead of words that encourage. I want to be the same person in private that I am in public. That is the kind of person I need to be as a Christ follower. I am going to try something new. I will wear a bracelet as a reminder of my commitment to only speaking positively about people. When I fail, I will switch the bracelet as a reminder of my mistake and start anew the next day. I am a woman of unclean lips and I pray the LORD will make me better.

[My pal Sarah & I at the Color Run]

Comments

Popular Posts