"the LORD will again choose Jerusalem"

“I am zealous for Jerusalem
And for Zion with great zeal.
I am exceedingly angry with the nations at ease;
For I was a little angry,
And they helped—but with evil intent.”
‘Therefore thus says the Lord:

“I am returning to Jerusalem with mercy;
My house shall be built in it,” says the Lord of hosts,
“And a surveyor’s line shall be stretched out over Jerusalem.”’
17 “Again proclaim, saying, ‘Thus says the Lord of hosts:

“My cities shall again spread out through prosperity;
The Lord will again comfort Zion,
And will again choose Jerusalem.”’”

[Zachariah 1:15-17]

Today in one of my classes we talked about Syria, Iran, Iraq, and Israel. I was shocked by my own ignorance of what was happening in the world I live in. As he said, "We need to keep our bible in one hand and the newspaper in the other". I feel very challenged to keep aware of what is happening, because it will affect my future and I know God's plan is at work in these lost countries. I will keep aware, I refuse to be ignorant anymore.

Comments

Popular Posts