upcoming summer.

My summer plans are finally cemented and I am so incredibly excited! Last summer I made the decision that summer 2013 I was going to be in a different context. I got that goal last summer while I was reading the book "Radical" by David Platt. I applied for this program during Christmas Break and I got accepted about a month ago. It was very exciting because it is my ideal way to spend the summer. I am going to be doing an internship with Inner City Impact in Chicago, IL. Here is a little information about the organization that I found from their website:

"Inner City Impact has served the inner city of Chicago since 1972. Committed staff reach kids ages 5 – 18 in some of Chicago's toughest neighborhoods -- Humboldt Park, Logan Square, and Cicero. Through ICI's core programs, dedicated full-time missionaries and volunteers work with children in Bible studies, one-on-one discipleship, and in a variety of Christ-centered, wholesome and fun activities. Programs include after school clubs, summer and winter camp adventures, and leadership development and sports leagues engage the kids in wholesome activities – and give us the opportunity to share the gospel."

I cannot imagine a better way to spend my last summer before graduation. I will get to hang out with kids, tutor, work at camps, and so much more. Mostly I am just looking forward to getting to build relationships with kids that will hopefully point them towards the gospel. On June 2nd I will head to the windy city to begin my newest adventure. I will have the privilege to work with the kindergarten through 5th grade kids. It's going to be challenging but it is exactly what I want to do with my life. Let the adventure begin :)


Comments

Popular Posts