giving thanks everyday.



This is a very appropriate blog post to return to blogging. This is going to be a new season of blogging and I hope to make it very Christ centered. Jesus is central to every day and I want to daily remember that and give thanks. I was reading a blog post by Alyssa Bethke and it sparked an idea for my blog. I have decided to start a series on my blog where I will give thanks for the amazing things the Lord gives me every day, the big and the small. Here is a quote from Alyssa's blog:
"A book that deeply touched my heart, and changed my whole outlook on life, is One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp. In this book, Ann talks about her struggle to give thanks to the Lord when life is hard, and in the mundane day-to-day events. BUT. When we do- when we choose to give thanks- the mundane becomes beautiful. The pain becomes beautiful too- because we see Jesus at work, instead of asking where He’s gone. We invite Jesus in to each moment, and savor His precious gifts."

Here is my list for today (November 27, 2012):

1. Standing outside with a bunch of friends being amused by a hawk eating a bunny.

2. Spending time with my lovely roommate while cleaning for housekeeping.

3. Eating lunch with a group of great women.

4. Teaching.

5. Watching movies in class.

6. Great lunches at the Dining Commons

7. Taylor washing my dishes for me

8. My Operation World Book

9. Peanut Butter M&M's

10. Sweatshirts

Comments

Popular Posts