Orphans

Psalm 82:3
Defend the cause of the weak and fatherless; maintain the rights of the poor and oppressed.

Hosea 14:3
In you the orphan finds mercy.

Learn to do good. Seek justice. Help the oppressed. Defend the cause of orphans. Fight for the rights of widows.
Isaiah 1:17

Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves; ensure justice for those being crushed. Yes, speak up for the poor and helpless, and see that they get justice.
Proverbs 31:8-9

And anyone who welcomes a little child like this on my behalf is welcoming me.
Matthew 18:5

I tell you the truth, when you did it to one of the least of these my brothers and sisters, you were doing it to me!
Matthew 25:40

Think back to your time as a child. Those times you remember most about childhood were the ones where you were with our family. Playing outside with your siblings or maybe cuddled up on the couch next to your dad. Every child loves to be loved, they love to know that someone wants them, and this is something that they need as well. Now imagine your life without any of these things. Instead you are in a bleak room playing with kids, just hoping an adult with want to hear your stories or play a game. These children need medical care, love, and a family desperately. Everyone has the ability to help these children in small ways or big ways; you just have to make the choice. I’m not going to give you a list of 5 things you can do to help orphans. I’m not going to give you a toll free number that you can call to only donate one penny a day and help orphans. I’m going to challenge you to ask God what you can do to change the life of orphans worldwide. These children need help from people just like you. So ask yourself right now, if you could change the life of one orphan, one person, would you do it?

[This is some of my speech that I presented yesterday regarding the Orphan epidemic.]

Enjoy,
Madison

Comments

Popular Posts