Change the conversation.

Hello Blog reader(if there are any of you lol),
I would like to tell you all about something that is near and dear to my heart. Because I raise Assistance dogs and I babysit for a sweet little girl named Ella, I would like to encourage you all to remove RETARD and RETARDED from your everyday speech. These words are very hurtful to those with intellectual disabilities, as well as to their families. So on this day an event know as "Spread the word, to end the word" is going on. I would encourage you all to pledge at this website: http://www.R-word.org

"I pledge and support the elimination of the derogatory use of the r-word from everyday speech and promote the acceptance and inclusion of people with intellectual disabilities."

As many of you who read my blog are puppy raisers, you do that to improve someones life. Make another choice to improve someones life, pledge to remove the r-word from your vocab! I've pledged and you should as well!

Comments

  1. I grew up knowing that retard was a serious put-down, but living out in Massachusetts I hear it a lot more often in every day speech.
    I absolutely pledge to not use it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pledge too and couldn't agree with you more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't agree more, I have been raised not to use those words...ever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes my parents would KILL me even though I don't live with them, if i ever called someone that. So its not even in my vocabulary!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts