A puppy and his girl!

Andros and I have been enjoying having each other around. Having an older puppy is very boring yet very normal. You can count that they will be good and listen no matter what. Andros is doing well we changed his over to Eukanuba Large Breed Adult as he is almost a year old! He never noticed a difference. He LOVES the snow and will romp and do labby laps every time he gets the chance!

We have a new Leader dog puppy at our church. His name is Wrigley and he is a Male, Yellow Lab who is 7 weeks old. He is VERY cute and Andros didn't even notice he was around at church this past Sunday.

What is driving me NUTS now that they go their new puppy is that everyone want to know if Andros is going back in the next few weeks. I thing I told 100 people in the past week that Andros is a CCI PUP and we keep them longer AND we got Andros after the Leader Dog puppy raiser got their pup Izzi. It amazes me that people can't recognize a Leader dog cape, from a CCI cape, from a Paws with a Cause cape. People ask me all the time whether he is a Leader or Paws pup. I LOVE the days when people go "That's a CCI dog!" I MAKES my day!
Here is a photo of Andros and I from June. He was 4 months old.

~Madison and ANDROS

Comments

  1. Ha ha, ya the cape thing bothers me at times too. I actually get asked if my pup is a CCI pup a lot. :D I don't know if there are many CCI pups around her or something, but, come on people, read the coat before making a total idiot of yourself. And they are totally different colors. Glad Andros is doing good, he is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh confusion for sure! I haven't had any issues as the public isn't extremely educated so they see my pups as either "guide pups", "guard pups" (little kids crack me up!), or a "puppy in training" - not as specific like GDB versus CCI etc, but it all gets old and annoying, especially of course when they think you're disabled/blind! One time though I did get asked if my puppy was one from Joy's program (Coreena/Ally's school). At the time I had no clue what "Joy's program" was.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww what a cute boy! Sometimes people will tell me that they saw a PIT wherever they were that day, and I will ask what school the dog was from :) of course, they never know! Sometimes they will say that the jacket was yellow, but a quite few schools use yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how everyone has their coat (cape, jacket, whatever) stories. I was at Red Robin one day with Arturo, and we saw a cute CCI FBL. They were both in their jackets, Artu in his green one, and the FBL in her Yellow, but we had someone ask, "are they siblings?" LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know what you mean about questions that people always ask. Since i have been raising Beau everyone is always like "Isn't hard to give them up?" I don't know. This is my first dog. :) I'm sure it will be hard, but I don't know how i will feel. :) I also hate it when people seem to think Beau isn't allowed in all public places. Here where I live since Beau is owned by a recongonized guide dog school he is allowed in public places, but I guess that is just a little price to pay for having a wonderful little puppy. :) This was a random comment, but I hope you like it. :) I'm not trying to be to nosy, but are you home schooled?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Someone asked me the other day if the MYL, 6 wk old puppy with a leader dog bandanna on and my MYLGX, 11 month old, CCI pup with a yellow cape on were siblings?! I was like um......no they are like 9 months different in age?!?

    The public amazes me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes I am Schooled at home as I like to say! :) What is your blog address Bethany?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sadly, I don't have a blog. My Mom doesn't like blogs because of how your information and stuff is out on the internet, but this is this thing called a Dogster that my Mom might let me get so if I get one I will let you know. :) Schooled at home is a much better way to say it. :) May I also ask how old are you? If you don't want to give that information either thats fine with me. :) OK, I'll let you go, but I'll probably leave you another comment soon. Bye!

    ReplyDelete
  9. cool. :D im 15 and in 10th grade. :D what made you want to raise a CCI dog and not a guide dog?

    ReplyDelete
  10. That picture is super cute, Madz! It is amazing to see the pictures over time, how he has grown! :) Jen and I can't wait to see you in May! We are also excited to attend the annual workshop after the ceremony! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts